View Full Version : Rendered Graphics Texture Rule

Sportler
05-04-2012, 12:29
I was just wondering, does this mean I am under no circumstances allowed to use any picture I find on google / cgtextures / etc. as a texture in my scene?
Also, is it approved "made by me" if I find several textures online and combine them?

"You are not allowed to use elements for textures that you have not made (or photographed) yourself"

Duckers
05-04-2012, 13:04
I was just wondering, does this mean I am under no circumstances allowed to use any picture I find on google / cgtextures / etc. as a texture in my scene?
Also, is it approved "made by me" if I find several textures online and combine them?

"You are not allowed to use elements for textures that you have not made (or photographed) yourself"

It is correct that you can under no circumstances use third party copyrighted elements without express permission - as this would be breaking Norwegian law, not just TG rules.

Wether is it "made by you" if you combine third party elements is also a juridical question and not something TG can be the judges of.

It is in any case your responsibility that you comply with copyright laws - even if it is accepted in the competition this is no guarantee that your entry is actually legal.

The compo crew will perform a basic screening of the entries to look for obvious copyright breaches. If in doubt, the crew may contact you to request documentation of permission to use the elements included. It is your responsibility to provide this documentation, so it is reccommended to provide this alreday in the archive you deliver.

Contact the Creativia crew in the Creative Lounge area in good time before the deadline if you have any questions directly related to your entry.